Preventive Dental Care
Preventive Dental Care
For A Lifetime Of Great Oral Health prevention is the key. Better diet, medical care, and other factors are allowing us to live longer lives. Unfortunately, our teeth have not adapted to our longer life span and need help to last as long as we do. Take preventive dental care program with us. Prevent Gum Diseases and enjoy long life for teeth. Contact us for preventive dental care program.
- Brush, floss, and use recommended dental aids correctly, at least once a day. Use a fluoride-containing mouthrinse daily.
- Come to the office for the recall hygiene appointments at the intervals we recommend. Let us provide a prescription-strength topical fluoride treatment at every recall appointment.
- Let us take radiographs when we believe they are necessary.
- Teeth age and wear, just like the rest of your body. The outer covering of hard enamel can get thin, break off, or wear through and expose the softer dentin. Dentin erodes very quickly. When we see exposed dentin, let us get it covered and protected.
- Have sealants placed on all teeth that can benefit from them.
- Don’t ask us to “patch” anything. Patchwork dentistry is contrary to the concept of keeping your teeth trouble-free for a lifetime. If small repairs are possible and appropriate, we will tell you.
- Choose the procedure or restorative material that will last you the longest. All dental materials have a life expectancy, after which time they fail and must be replaced. Each time a tooth is re-drilled, it gets weaker. Only solid, yellow gold could last for years. Tooth-colored ceramics and porcelain may last as long. It is your choice.
- Bonded restorations (current state-of-the-art) require less drilling than silver fillings. Less drilling is good. The tooth retains more strength and the restoration lasts longer. Let us use the good stuff.
Gum disease can start at any time. Genetics, diet, oral self-care, medications, and general health can all have an influence. Gum disease is both site-specific (most often starts in a localized area) and episodic (can begin at any time). It is also painless in its early stages. We will tell you as soon as we spot gum disease. It will need to be treated properly and immediately. Gum diseases can be prevented with preventive dental care.
We have listened to what you want, examined your mouth, and know your dental needs. Most patients can have all the best dentistry they want and deserve. It just takes a little planning. We can help with that, too. If you want all of your teeth, all of your life, follow the above recommendations and do it right the first time.